Dear Football Teams, MOF will be commencing signups for Leisure & Minor leagues (both twice a month, Sunday, 11am & 1pm) very soon. Super, Major Sat/Sun or Leisure/Minor Sat are not opened for registration yet.
Meanwhile, here are some info for you:
– To join our leagues, FOUR incident free friendlies must be played in our friendlies first before being able to register for Leisure or Minor leagues: this allows us to:
– Details of fields fees/location/prizes/timings are here: http://ministryoffootball.com.sg/major-minor-leisure-leagues-something-to-suit-you-2/
– For 2023 kick off leagues, Game fees will be increased to $150 per team per game, and the one-off registration signup non refundable fee will be $150.
– Due to the shortage and randomness of fields awarded, it is likely difficult to provide geographical preference (also note every team has their preference). You can still tell us your preference based on below, BUT be prepared we may not be able to give them to you at all:
– We classify and group leisure & minor teams based on your past performances with other leisure & minor teams. Check in with us what is your category – if we cannot agree, unfortunately it will mean you cannot join that league you want. Explained here: http://ministryoffootball.com.sg/major-minor-leisure-leagues-something-to-suit-you-2/
– Games are only twice a month (not weekly and may not be alternate weeks due to public holidays etc), because we have dealt with many passionate teams who want to play weekly, but after a few weeks keep asking for postponements/changes in venue near their players/unhappiness & abuse being thrown at our hotlines because we cannot agree/disguising their abuse as ‘feedback’ after ‘feedback’ to our hotlines). Please note these teams will be banned moving forwards, and outstanding fees for them & opponents payable within 2 weeks (non payment means enforcement Small Claims with an enforcement fee)
– MOF and our referees are tired of abuse/violence/quarrels/arguments in our games. We have been successful in ensuring these do not occur (by firmly banning teams, & spotting them even when they disguise themselves as another team to enter our games. This policy will continue to be strictly enforced and teams banned.
– as always, our Terms & Conditions apply, do review! At any point pre- or post- registration MOF reserves all rights to decline your registration or ban you based on these terms & conditions
Effective immediate from 8Mar2023: MOF is an AMATEUR football competition organizer and as such we have stringent rules pertaining to current and former semi pro and pro players, i.e. Illegal Players. As past months have seen a rise in them in our leagues, we will be revising our rules to ban such illegal players, with illegal players being defined as “any pro or semi pro player currently OR IN THE LAST 24 months engaged at semi pro or pro status”. If caught the team managers will be fined. Repeat offences will cause the teams to be banned.
– What do you do now? Meet our 4 incident-free qualifying friendlies first! We kick off with every 6 qualified teams who are ready to register formally. Send your team members all the above information, and when ready, msg 98403782 (WhatsApp only) or just click https://wa.me/6598403782, If you already have an official MOF chat group with us, please use that instead.
– Finally, we know many many teams wish to play, but wish to play at a time and location you prefer for every game. That is simply impossible, because all teams have preferences and you need to compromise. In addition, this year 2022 has much limited supply of fields. If our system and terms & conditions do not work for you, we fully respect that, and you do not have to join. But please do not message your unhappiness and demands for us to change the above to meet your demands. We have to take a total view and compromise across all teams, TQ!
Leisure Teams Interested in next League Leisure 2T League Sunday Div J
—> met 4-incident-free games criterion
—> yet to meet 4-incident-free games criterion (depending on results, may or may not remain in leisure category)
Minor Teams Interested in Minor 2T Div V
—> met 4-incident-free games criterion
—> yet to meet 4-incident-free games criterion (depending on results, may or may not remain in minor category)
Major or Strong Minor Teams Interested
—> met 4-incident-free games criterion
—> yet to meet 4-incident-free games criterion
Explanation of Leisure,Minor,Major,Super Teams in Singapore…
For YOU and YOUR TEAM’s playing pleasure, we at MOF monitor the football scene in Singapore very very carefully – from social recreational, to social competitive, to semi-professional, to professional! We classify all teams as Leisure, Minor, Major, Super. As far as possible, you should play against a team at your level. OR you can request for a higher level team to test yourselves. Do take note though: due to changes in manpower week to week, the standard of some teams can fall or rise – we will do our best to match you close but cannot guarantee, sorry!
But what do they mean, you ask? The below will explain some. To be sure, play our friendlies with our existing leagues or friendly teams so we can test our your level!
Leisure: 80 to 90% of all teams in Singapore belong to this category. Such teams can be of any age, and can be new or been playing for a long time (like >10 years), and are made up of a bunch of guys who may play twice a month or up to 3 times a week, without any group play training or fitness sessions. You come together to embrace your football passion and to execute teamwork through old and new friendship and teammate bonds. Do note: if you are a group of former or even existing secondary or ‘A’ division or U21 school team players, chances are (unless you guys were champions or near-champions for many years), you should still start off at Leisure level.
Minor: about 10% of all teams in Singapore belong to this category. these are semi-competitive teams whose members have been playing together for many years, and whose fitness level are high. They participate fairly regularly in social recreational competitions and while not always well placed (for example: top 5), they are considered experienced footballers.
Major: about 5% of all teams in Singapore belong to this category. these are social/recreational competitive teams whose members have been playing together for many years, and whose fitness level are high, and who have a constant supply of new blood who are passionate and fit and well-experienced in competitions. Players play up 2 to 4 times a week, and participate very regularly in social recreational competitions and are often well placed (for example: top 2).
Super: teams in this category are made up primarily of former professional or semi-professional players still in the playing prime. These are the best social-recreational-semi-pro mixed teams in Singapore.
How do we know if you are Leisure or Minor or Major or Super? By comparing your game scores with other similar leisure/minor/major/super teams.
For information on our:
Super, Major, Minor, Leisure Weekly or Twice-a-month Leagues:
MOF JioYouSoccer to help footballers recruit & find teams: https://jioyousoccer.com/
MOF Youth Football Academy (5.5 to 16 years old): www.mofacademy.com.sg
MOF Ådult Beginner Football Courses (16 to 55 years old): Adult Beginner Course 16-55yo
Ministry of Sports offering over 30 sports & activities: www.ministryofsports.com.sg
When Lions Roar: The Definitive History of Singapore Football: www.lionsroar.football
Professional Sports Marketing: www.mofeye.com
EatDrinkPlaySpectate Football: www.eatdrinkplay.football